Schools founded, managed by the Christian Brothers, with a Christian Brother history or have had a Christian Brother presence:
Note: There are omissions and possibly errors in what follows:
Adelaide, Christian Brothers College - (1879 - )
Ovingham, St Laurences School - Staffed by Christian Brothers for 53 years. Closed 1958. Replaced by St Pauls College Gilles Plains opened 1959.
Gilles Plains St Pauls College (1959-
Woodforde, Rostrevor College(-)
Whyalla, St John's College (1963-2008) Amalgamated first with St Francis Xavier Girls School in 1975. Further amalgamation with St Teresa's Primary School and Our Lady Help of Christians Primary school formed Samaritan College in 2008.
Whyalla, Samaritan College (2008- )
Hobart, St Virgil's College - (1911-) In 1962 a Junior Secondary Campus established at Austin's Ferry. By 1994 the property became a campus of Guildford Young College and St Virgil's continued on its Austins Ferry Campus.
Hobart, St Peter's School -- In 1996 amalgamated with St Virgils College as St Virgil's Junior School.
Austins Ferry, St Virgil's College (1962-)
Hobart, St Virgil's College Junior School - (1996- )
Glenorchy, Guildford Young College (1995- ) The Hobart Campus of GYC is established on the original site and buildings (as 1995) of St Virgil's College
Mornington, Mary Mackillop Catholic College (1994- )
Bridgewater, St Paul's Primary School - (1984- )
Cygnet, Lourdes Hill Agricultural College (1944-1972), then merged with St James Convent School (1973-) Brothers there until 1975. School renamed as St James College. Then St James Catholic College (2009-)
Devonport, St Brendan's College Founded by Christian Brothers 1960, merged to form St Brendan-Shaw College in 1981.
Launceston, St Patrick's College (1919- ) A Campus of the College was opened at Prospect Vale in 1958.
Prospect Vale, St Patrick's College In 1984 St Patricks College and Marian College formed a co-educational St Patrick's College.
Abbotsford, Christian Brothers School - (1893-1929) From plaque on footpath Nicholson St.
Abbotsford, St Joseph's Technical School - (1930-1990) Link to St Josephs Technical College Facebook Page
Ballarat, St Patrick's College (1893- )
Ballarat, St Pauls's Technical College (1948- ) Amalgamated to form Damascus College in 1995.
Ballarat East, St Alipius Boys School (1888- )
Ballarat, Damascus College (1995- )
Box Hill, St Leo's College (Closed)
East Melbourne, Parade College(1871-) Moved from the East Melbourne Site to Bundoora in 1968.
Bundoora, Parade College - Present site of the Parade College.
Alphington, Parade Preparatory College - ( ??-1988) In 1988 students transferred to the Waterford Campus of Parade College on the Bundoora site.
Broadmeadows, Therry College - Founded 1969. In 1995 became part of the Broadmeadows Campus of Penola Catholic College.
Carlton, St Georges Primary School - The Christian Brothers took charge of this school in 1902. The site is now part of the Archdiocesan Seminary.
Clifton Hill, St Thomas College (Closed)
Colac, Trinity College Founded by the Christian Brothers in 1967. Merged with St Josephs College in 1979 and from 1983 has been called Trinity College.
Essendon, St Bernard's College (Moved from Moonee Ponds in 1963)
Fitzroy, St Patrick's Primary School (Closed)
Fitzroy, St Colman's (Scholarship School) Link to some photos of Br FP Bowler
Geelong, St Joseph's College - Founded by the Christian Brothers in 1935.
Geelomg. St Mary's Technical School - In 1990 amalgamated with Goold College to form Catholic Regional College on two campuses. A third campus was opened at Drysdale. During 2003-2004 all students were accommodated at the Drysdale Campus. It is now known as St Ignatius College Geelong and is a Jesuit Partnership School.
Geelong, St Augustine's Orphanage - Christian Brothers replaced the Sisters of Mercy in 1878. In 1997 joined with 6 other Organizations to form Mackillop Family Services
Melbourne, St Francis? - In 1869 the Christian Brothers were teaching in Lonsdale St in a school at the rear of St Francis Church
Melbourne East, St Kevin's College - Founded by the Christian Brothers in 1918 adjacent to Parade College. Moved toToorak in 1932. The Junior School - Glendalough developed in Toorak. The main College is now on the Larger Heyington Campus and the Waterford campus for Year 9 students has been established on Richmond Hill on the site of the former Vaucluse College.
Melbourne East, Cathedral College - (1968-1995) Opened using the buildings Parade College vacated when it moved to Bundoora.
Melbourne North, St Joseph's College (1903-2010) EREA has set up a Youth Plus Flexible Learning Centre on the site
Melbourne North, ?? Primary School
Melbourne South, St Vincents Orphanage (1874 - ) - (1997: Joined with 6 other Organizations to form Mackillop Family Services
Melbourne South, St Joseph's Technical School (1925 - )
Melbourne South, Christian Brothers High School (1900 - )
Middle Park, ??? (-)
Moonee Ponds, St Kierans (Scholarship School)
Moonee Ponds, St Bernard's College (Became St Bernard's Junior School when Senior School Moved to Essendon)
Moonee Ponds, St Monica's Boys School - A Christian Brothers School from 1918. Merged with St Monica's Gilrs School in 1984 as St Monica's Parish School.
Pascoe Vale, St. Joseph's Junior College (-) Closed 2010. The site was purchased by the Antonine Sisters and is now a campus of the Maronite Antonine College.
Ringwood, Aquinas College( 1961-1978) Amalgamated with Aquinas Girls College in 1979 retaining the name Aquinas College.
St Kilda,Christian Brothers College - The Christian Brothers began teaching here in July 1878, opening their own school in 1979.
St Kilda,St Mary's Boys School - ??
Warrnambool, St Joseph's Christian Brothers College. Christian Brothers Foundation 1902. Merged with St Anns in 1991 forming Emmanuel College.
Yarraville, St Augustine's College - Christian Brothers Foundation in 1942. Closed in 1972 and later re-opened as St Augustines Primary School.
Albany, Christian Brothers School - Sept 22 1898 Br Ambrose Treacy was in Albany to meet 3 Christian Brothers who had disembarked from Ireland. A school was opened on Serpentine Rd (Camfield) in 1899. With the booming population of Kalgoorlie the school closed in 1903 and the Brothers moved to Kalgoorlie.
Albany, CBC, Pius X College A Christian Brothers Foundation in 1956. Amalgamated in 1978 to form St Joseph's College
Bedford, St Mark's College Christian Brothers Foundation in 1959. Amalgamated in 1989 to form Chisholm College
Bindoon,, St Joseph's Farm and Trade School - A Christian Brothers Foundation in 1936. Now an Agricultural College, Catholic Agricultural College.
Broome, Nulungu College - A Christian Brothers Foundation in 1971. In 1995 merged to form St Mary's College
Collie, St Edmund's College A Christian Bothers Foundation in 1955. In 1977 St Brigid's Convent School integrated as St Edmunds College. In 1994 amalgamated with St Brigids Convent School to form Collie Catholic College. From 2001 Secondary classes were no longer offered. In 2003 the College name was changed to St Brigids School.
Fremantle Christian Brothers' College - (1901- ) Christian Brother Foundation in 1901.
Fremantle Tuckfield St School ???
Geraldton, Primary School???
Geraldtonj, St Patrick's College Christian Brothers Foundation in 1926. Merged in 1994 to form Nagle Catholic College
Highgate, Christian Brothers High School (1936 - 1978) Closed. Link to Highgate Old Boys Association Website.
Kalgoorlie, Christian Brothers College - Christian Brothers Foundation in 1906. Merged in 1994 to form John Paul College
Karratha, St Luke's College - (1987- ) Foundation Principal Br Bowman and two Brothers on first Staff.
Leederville, Christian Brothers College - Christian Brothers Foundation in 1942. Amalgamated in 1986 to form Aranmore Catholic College
Leederville, Primary School Staffed from CBC ??
Midland (Viveash) La Salle College -- Christian Brother Principal (1972-1973), Staff Member (1974-1976)
Perth, Christian Brothers' College - Christian Brothers Foundation 1894. Formed Aquinas College Salter Point (1938) and Trinity College East Perth (1961)
Perth, St Patrick's Primary School (1878-1963) Staffed by Chritian Brothers from 1894-1963. Initially in Irwin St, the School moved to larger buildings on the corner of Wellington and Lord St. The site is now part of Royal Perth Hospital. >wikipedia article
Perth East Trinity College (1961 - )
Rockingham, Kolbe Catholic College -- Christian Brother Foundation Principal in 1989
Salter Point, Aquinas College( 1938 - )
Subiaco, St Vincent's Boys' Orphanage (1897 - ) Moved to Clontarf (now Waterford) as Clontarf Orphanage in 1902 and later as Clontarf Boys' Town. The school buildings later became Clontarf Aboriginal College.
Tardun, Christian Brothers Agricultural School - (1928-2008) - at times known as Clontarf Boys Farm or St Mary's Agricultural School
--> Tardun Photos -
Victoria Park East, St Francis Xavier College (1953 - 1989) Merged to form Ursula Frayne Catholic College
Victoria Park, Ursula Frayne Catholic College -
Waterford (oringinally Manning), Clontarf Orphanage and later Clontarf Boys' Town. Now Clontarf Aboriginal College
Waterford Clontarf Aboriginal College -
Wilson, St Vincent's Boys' Home Castledare (1929-1983) previously Castledare Special School. Also at different times called Castledare Junior Orphanage or Castledare Boys Home.
Page Updated: 13 November 2016